South Brent

South Brent 5573 & 6829  Burmington Grange 6th November 1959
South Brent 5573 & 6829 Burmington Grange 6th November 1959

South Brent, commonly known as "Brent", was the branch's link to the main line.  The station originated as part of the mainline extension to Plymouth (Royal Assent given on 04 July 1844).  Brent was opened as a station from around June 1848 with the Kingsbridge Branch arriving later on in 1893.

Photo Gallery

Aerial photos

The railway station and village, South Brent, 1930 - Britain from Above