Loddiswell was the third station on the line. The station was actually over a mile away for the village of Loddiswell and was closer to the village of Woodleigh. The station was comparable to Avonwick in that it had: a siding, passing loop and cattle dock. The goods yard also had a loading crane for lifting heavy items on for transportation.
The station siding also held camping coaches and it is noted that the first coach arrived in 1934, followed by a second coach in 1958. The second camping coach was later removed in 1961 and camping coaches were removed completely from the line in 1962.
The Cornwall Railway Society have published a news article on the conversion of Loddiswell Station. The conversion was carried out by Mr and Mrs Hall in the early 1970's. To see the full article go to:
Do you fancy a holiday with a difference? The owners of Loddiswell Station offer a self contained signal box for holidays as well as guided tours of the station. Please click here to view more details.