Avonwick was the first stop on the line after leaving South Brent. The station had one siding for the loading of cattle. The siding later held a camping coach as part of the GWR's camp coach scheme. Camping coaches first appeared on the line from 1934.
The station became an unmanned halt from the mid 1950's and saw the removal of its siding/ camping coach in December 1956.